Design your Dream Life for Success
Your Greatest Days start by being productive and end with a high note. Incorporating a ‘New Morning Routine’ benefits your day with an effective and energetic mindset.
Every morning I send a message or call a few of my closest friends. Not only will this usually brighten your day, but it might also help a friend start their day off much better.
Taking the simple things in life for granted doesn’t always have the most positive outcome. Most of us all have work in the morning but that’s the best time to receive a message from your friend to have a great day, of a funny picture of a fun time.
The most commonly used platform a few of my friends use is Instagram. It has become a ritual to message each other in the morning with something that makes us smile. The most common messages include a funny GIF or meme. Nothing Like a clever image with some added text to really get the day started. Can’t find a good meme or don’t really like them too much, send a picture of yourself making a happy or goofy face.
Something as simple as a funny cat meme can get that first-morning smile going and put you in a positive mood. Starting the day off with something that makes you laugh or smile is always a good thing.
Right after you turn off your Alarm…
First off try not to ever hit snooze, this action, unfortunately, is never a good idea. We all have those days where we didn’t sleep well or had to wake up extra early, but try not to ever snooze.
Before you even step foot out of bed, take a quick stretch. Reach for your toes, or try to if you can’t. (If you can’t, sticking to this routine for a week or two will most likely surprise you by how flexible you get.)
Slowly get out of bed and progressively begin 50 pushups. (Just Kidding) But actually, if you really want to get the blood flowing a few push-ups would definitely wake you up.
Here are my top favorite things to do right after I wake up:
- Stretch for about 2-5 minutes. (Not exactly sure how to stretch, check out ‘7 Morning Stretches to Start Your Day’)
- Drink a full glass of water! (Regular water too boring, try drinking warm lemon water)
- Meditate for a few minutes and really manifest what you would like to accomplish. (Also, here is a great quick meditation here.)
- Brush your teeth. (Maybe if mediation was a little much try using this time that you usually just stand in front of the mirror to project positive thoughts and aspirations for the day.)
- Contact a friend or family member, even if it’s just to wish them a great day.
- Take a morning walk, even if it’s just for 5 or 10 min. I know a lot of people set their alarm so that they need to rush to leave for work or school. Try waking up even just 30 min early so that you can enjoy yourself a little more.
These routine ideas can be very simple, but applying a few or even all of them every day really stimulates a positive change in your life. When I first began applying these routines in the morning, it wasn’t easy and at first, I wasn’t really sure why I was even doing it.
After 3 days I was more aware of my surroundings and grew more curious as to where this was taking me. After a week people began to see a change in me for the better. I started to talk and compliment people at work I almost never talked to. It was like I just began really living my life and enjoying it, instead of just going through the motions.
After a month of sticking to this routine every day, ( I only missed 1 day because I was really sick) I was more involved in my own life than ever before. Getting stuck in a routine where you’re just doing the bare minimum is all too easy and common. I really wish I would have started this years ago, but I really didn’t have much momentum. I look at everything in life with a much more beautiful and colorful mindset. This really helped me improve the quality of my life.
Other Ideas to Add into your daily routine
Most of the list above is great to apply to your morning, but there are also routines to apply to the day and evening as well. Getting into the habit of recognizing that YOU are the creator of the story called “Your Life” and it can be as much fun as you can IMAGINE.
- Find a new interesting recipe or restaurant you have never tried before. I’m sure you might have had some great Mexican food before, but I was surprised to find that middle eastern food is my new favorite.
- Take a Cold Shower… I know doesn’t sound pleasant and at first, it isn’t. Check out these 12 Benefits Of Taking Cold Showers. (Tip: Try this out during the warmer months.)
- Write in your journal, it really becomes a bowl for you to spill out some great thoughts and ideas.
- Take more pictures or anything, a sunrise, a sunset, a funny squirrel, a cool car, or even just your dog. If you want to take it a step further, make a funny or cool meme in seconds with this… Meme Creator.
- Read a New Book, don’t like to read much because you have wandering mind like me? Try looking into audiobooks or even podcasts.
- Coloring books are great and are apart of my mediation practice. There are so many cool new coloring books for adults. I went a little crazy and bought 15 coloring books on Amazon after my first one. Adult Coloring Books
- Incorporate indoor plants in your living room or office.
- Donate to something that you find important.
There are a few things here you may already do, but doing it every day is doing to take a little more work. Try and find some friends or family members that you would like to practice this with. Having someone to have this change with, makes it so much easier.
Another way to make it even easier is to set it up like a game with your friends. First, have all your rituals complete before noon, and if you are late or forget you have to put $5 in a pot. You may even joke and call it a Spiritual Roulette game. Haha.
This not only should be fun but is great and very rewarding. I hope you stick to it and enjoy all the benefits that come with it. My friends and I all have a newfound respect and connection with each other. Also, I have made a few new friends in the process of this transition. Good things come to those who are more in-tune and aware of themselves and their surroundings.
Let me know in the comments below what rituals you personally liked to do?